I, the undersigned owner or agent of the pet identified above, certify that I am eighteen years of age or over and authorize the veterinarians at Gateway Companion Animal Clinic to perform the above procedures. I understand that some risks always exist with anesthesia and/or surgery and that I am encouraged to discuss any concerns I have about those risks with the attending veterinarian before the procedures are initiated. My signature on this form indicates that any questions I have regarding the following issues have been answered to my satisfaction:
- The reasonable medical and/or surgical treatment options for my pet
- Sufficient details of the procedures to understand what will be performed
- How fully my pet will recover and how long it will take
- The most common and serious complications
- The length and type of follow-up care and home restraint required
-The estimate of the fees for all services
- Any necessary payment arrangements
In effort to provide the best care available for your pet, we offer pre-anesthetic blood work to help ensure your loved one will not have any adverse effects from the anesthetic. All animals will benefit from the blood work, but we strongly urge all large breed dogs over 5 years of age and all small breed dogs and all cats over 7 years of age have blood work performed prior to any anesthetic procedure.
Should unexpected life-saving emergency care be required and the hospital staff is unable to reach me, the staff.
Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY